Last updated: 2017-03-14
TouchCommerce (now part of Nuance, Communications) participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
TouchCommerce is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. [https://www.privacyshield.gov/list]
TouchCommerce is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. TouchCommerce complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, TouchCommerce is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, TouchCommerce may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) athttps://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website [https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint], you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
TouchCommerce complies with the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from Switzerland. TouchCommerce has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view TouchCommerce’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx.
TouchCommerce™ is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing this website, you acknowledge and fully understand this Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Web site Privacy Statement.
Related services and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
TouchCommerce collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from our web server logs, the user, and with cookies.
a. Web Server Logs
When you visit our website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
- We also use third-party services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze such information.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer, to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
b. Personal Information Provided By Users Visitors to our website can register to purchase services. When you register, we will request some personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number or facsimile number, account number and other relevant information. For other types of registrations, we will ask for the relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you. For example, such data may be warranted in order to provide online technical support and troubleshooting. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your credit card or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if TouchCommerce is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
c. Tracking Technologies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags, scripts or similar technologies are used by TouchCommerce and business partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
d. Behavioral Advertising
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
4. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us here.
Attention of Privacy/Security Officer
29903 Agoura Rd.
Agoura Hills, California 91301
818.575.2100 / email@example.com