TouchCommerce Website Privacy StatementLast updated: 2013-04-17
TouchCommerce complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union member countries. TouchCommerce has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view TouchCommerce’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
1. Acknowledgement And Acceptance Of TermsTouchCommerce™ is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing this website, you acknowledge and fully understand this Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Web site Privacy Statement.
2. Participating Merchant PoliciesRelated services and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Information We Collect And How We Use ItTouchCommerce collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from our web server logs, the user, and with cookies.
a. Web Server Logs
When you visit our website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
- We also use third-party services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze such information.
Visitors to our website can register to purchase services. When you register, we will request some personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number or facsimile number, account number and other relevant information. If you are purchasing a service, we will request financial information. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the services you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. For other types of registrations, we will ask for the relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you. For example, such data may be warranted in order to provide online technical support and troubleshooting.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your credit card or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if TouchCommerce is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality. We reserve the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but we do not share any personally identifiable information. We may allow third-party cookies from analytics services, such as Google Analytics.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our website.
d. Use Of Web Beacons
Our email communications may contain electronic images known as web beacons, in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Some of these web beacons may be placed by third party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These web beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. We prohibit web beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
e. Other Third Party Tracking Technologies
We use a third-party tracking service that uses images, scripts and other tracking technologies to track non-personal information about visitors to our site in the aggregate. The information collected enables us to provide services to the customers/visitors of our client’s websites.
5. SecurityThe security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at here.
6. TestimonialsWe post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at here.
7.BlogsOur Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at here. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
9. Accessing Web Account InformationIf your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at here or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
We will respond to your request to access within 2 weeks
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at here.
10. Data RetentionWe will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us here. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
11. Information collected for our Clients through our ServiceThe collection and use of information shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged the TouchCommerce. Data Retention: TouchCommerce will retain data we process on behalf of our Client for as long as needed provide services to our Client. TouchCommerce will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Access: As a data processor, TouchCommerce has no direct relationship with the individuals whose data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the TouchCommerce's Client (the data controller) which has transferred such data to TouchCommerce for processing. If the client requests TouchCommerce to remove the data, TouchCommerce will respond to their Client's request within 30 business days. The Client will then provide access to the individual as determined under the applicable local data protection law.
Notice: As an agent processing information under the direction of its Clients, TouchCommerce has no direct relationship with the individuals whose data it processes. TouchCommerce works with its Clients to help them provide notice of data processing to individuals, including information concerning (1) the purposes for which personal information is collected and used; (2) a contact person to whom enquiries or complaints may be directed; (3) the types of third parties to whom personal information is disclosed; and (4) the choices and means that individuals are offered for limiting use and disclosure of personal information."
Choice: As an agent processing personal information under the direction of its Clients, TouchCommerce has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. TouchCommerce may disclose personal data to third parties in the course of processing personal data. TouchCommerce only processes information in accordance with instructions of its Clients, and only for purposes that are compatible with those for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. TouchCommerce does not process any sensitive data, and only processes personal information that has been collected and provided by its Clients through web or paper-based methods.
12. Changes To This StatementWe may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
13. Contacting Us
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement, and/or our general practices, please contact us at:Attention of Privacy/Security Officer
30501 Agoura Rd, Ste 203
Agoura Hills, California 91301